The immigration process can be a frightening experience without a solid immigration attorney at your side. With the help of a Visalia immigration lawyer, it’s considerably more pleasant with quicker and happier results. There are many attorneys out there in the Visalia area who purport to have immigration practices. Maison Law Immigration Lawyers near Visalia is undoubtably at the top of the list though. That’s because we focus our practice specifically on immigration law and nothing else. Here are a few recommendations on selecting a Visalia immigration lawyer:
- Don’t Look for a Deal: Remember, you get what you pay for. Fees will be different at every lawyer’s office. Some lawyers will be more expensive than others. A quality reputation and a solid track record are going to justify charging more money. Remember, your lawyer will be representing you in front of immigration personnel. You want the best possible service.
- Stay Away from General Practitioners: A general practitioner is often a jack of all trades and a master of none. Immigration law is constantly changing, and a general practitioner might not know about certain changes in the law that will affect your case. By retaining Maison Law Immigration Lawyers, you’re hiring a law firm that practices and stays updated onimmigration law and nothing else.
- Don’t Believe Unrealistic Promises: It’s against the law for a lawyer to guarantee the outcome of a case. Beware of unrealistic promises. That lawyer might even be inexperienced and not even know that his or her promises are indeed unrealistic. An experienced immigration lawyer will likely spot a problem and develop strategies to deal with it rather than boasting about how many times they’ve been in that situation in the past.
- Get it in Writing: A written fee agreement needs to be signed by both parties. That’s because it’s for your protection too. It’s essential that you have such an agreement as it memorializes what has been promised to you. After signing off on a written fee agreement, don’t forget about leaving the lawyer’s offices without a copy of it.
- Google Reviews: Don’t put too much faith in client reviews on the internet. They’re easily purchased. A lawyer can actually get in trouble for this.
- Hire a Lawyer Who Speaks Your Language: If there’s any type of a language problem, hire lawyer who speaks your language fluently. He or she is going to make sure that you’re on the same page of the playbook. That lawyer can also make sure that any written translations from your native language to English are accurate.
Your visa is a huge step in working and residing in the United States. Hopefully, it will be the only one of two times that you encounter an immigration official. Assuming that all goes well, you’ll be applying for U.S. Citizenship in the future. If your lawyer did a great job for you on your permanent residency, there’s no reason why you should switch boats in the middle of the stream. Filing your forms and documentation to reside in the United States can be a lengthy process. The right immigration lawyer can make a world of difference. Contact a knowledgeable, experienced and trustworthy lawyer here at Maison Law Immigration Lawyers for a consultation and case review on your Visalia immigration needs. We’ll be pleased to answer your questions and attend to your immigration needs.
Martin Gasparian is the founder of Maison Law, a California Personal Injury Law Firm. Martin is a graduate of Georgetown University Law School and has been practicing law in California 2004. His practice focuses on helping injury victims know their rights and recover just compensation.
Comments for this article are closed.